Your privacy is very important to us, and CompuGain (“we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to conducting our business activities in accordance with privacy policies in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
We use your data to provide and improve your website experience and our Service. By using this website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Types of Data Collected
We may collect Personal Information directly from visitors to our Website that you choose to provide to us; by filling out an online form requesting to be contacted, registering for webinars, downloading ebooks, whitepapers and similar resources. If you contact us through the websites, we will keep a record of our communications with you. Personally Identifiable Information (PII) may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Company Name
- Phone number
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information on how the website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”) to improve your experience. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (i.e. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server. This text file contains an identifier, which is a string of letters and numbers that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
We use different types of cookies to enhance and improve your experience on our website.
- to improve the website, making it easier for you to find what you are looking for
- to remember your setting and preferences to make your subsequent visits to the website easier
- to study how users or groups of users use the website, so that we can improve our website for a better experience
- to be able to better inform you of changes in CompuGain
- to analyze data for research and statistics of website usage
How can I accept cookies?
You can accept cookies by clicking the accept button on the homepage of the CompuGain website. Once you have accepted it, the next time that you visit the website, the cookie pop-up will not be shown.
Use of Data
CompuGain will use the data collected on our website:
- To improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you
- For purposes made clear to you at the time you submit your information by filling out an online form
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To provide effective customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To keep our website safe and secure
- To send you relevant and general information we think may be of interest to you
However, you will always be able to opt-out of any communications at any time.
Transfer or Sharing of Data
We do not rent or sell your Personal Information to anyone. We may share and disclose information (including Personal Information) about our customers in the following limited situations.
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Data
CompuGain may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of CompuGain
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Links to Third-Party Sites