Zero defect releases and 94% reduction in QC efforts for a leading enterprise video content platform provider.
About the Company
A leading live streaming and enterprise video content management platform provider.
The company provides the platform for organizations to engage audiences with live video, on-demand video, and manage video content across platforms. The platform was architected from the ground up as a cloud-native video solution. The company serves close to 5 million subscribers across the globe. Delivering a superior experience and uninterrupted access to every feature was a top priority for the company in a segment that was becoming extremely competitive.
The company’s internal team had shifted to agile development for the platform, but testing along with the sprint was a challenge in ensuring faster and defect-free releases. The company was releasing new features that needed to work flawlessly on every platform, device, and region across the world. With the lack of test automation, there were delays in the release of key features and was impacting customer satisfaction, and revenue.
What we did
Define and implement QA Process
Created and implemented UI and API automation framework
Managed end-to-end testing
Laid out the roadmap for Agile testing methodology
End -to-end Test automation suite
The company chose CompuGain to help streamline testing, put automation in place and manage the testing process for platform updates.
- Our team of experts in agile delivery and testing thoroughly evaluated the platform for content capture, transform and delivery processes across every device and region. The team identified bottlenecks, defect leakage and inefficiencies in the current testing approach.
- CompuGain testing team created and implemented an agile testing approach.
- Defined and implemented a zero-defect QA framework to ensure defect-free releases and implemented testing and QA automation.
- Technologies used:
- Automation platform – AWS
- Browser stack for compatibility testing
- Jersey for Microservice testing
- Java, SignalR, Page object model, Singleton, MongoDB, Data Generators, Soup-UI and Groovy
- A dedicated global testing team deployed for round the clock testing and QA responsible for the creation of UI and API test cases.
- The testing team ensured all features are working flawlessly, and there is no latency. We made sure the build was always production-ready
Result and Outcomes
Defect-free release framework, test automation and process managed by the CompuGain team delivered the following outcomes and benefits.
defect leakage to production
reduction in manual testing efforts
- Highest uptime delivered with showstopper or critical bugs identified early in the process
- Substantial reduction in testing efforts
- High customer satisfaction through superior and consistent experience and zero-defect releases
- Competitive advantage with faster releases of innovative and engaging features
- Achieved more coverage with fewer tests
- Automation leading to higher efficiency – tasks that used to take more than 8 are now completed in 30 minutes or less
- Resulted in cost effective resource management due to minimal manual intervention