Test automation suite reduces QA efforts by 70% for a global leader in logistics.
About the Company
A global leader in logistics.
The company is the leading global airline retail onboard, logistics and equipment solutions provider with the largest global network in the aviation industry. The company dealt with a very high volume of daily orders in all regions that were captured and managed in region-specific legacy systems.
It was implementing a system to integrate all units on a single platform to cater to aggressive business demands at a higher efficiency. The client was looking for a partner to help reduce the QA efforts, put testing automation in place, align testing to agile development and manage the testing process.
What we did
Testing alignment with agile development
Define and implement QA Process
Test automation suite
Our agile delivery and testing team designed a testing strategy and QA framework to reduce QA efforts and ensure high stability and performance of the application.
QA Strategy and Process
- Defined and implemented the QA Process.
- Defined defect life cycle and release criteria.
- Designed a standard framework for test planning, cases, issue tracker, and defect logging.
- Documented business logic cases and scenarios.
- Implemented best practices and best processes for QA in ERP.
- Adopted Scrum model for testing aligned with agile application development.
Testing Automation and Services
- Automated all regression test scripts and integration testing for all releases.
- A dedicated global testing team deployed for round the clock testing that was responsible for the creation of test cases/scenarios and execution.
- The team managed BVT (Build verification testing), Functional Testing, Database testing and Regression testing.
- Provided testing support for hotfixes in production.
Result and Outcomes
Testing automation, along with the testing process managed by the CompuGain team, delivered the following outcomes and benefits.
reduction in maintenance efforts
product availability globally
test combination scenarios tested
reduction in production issues impacting users
- Reduction in the QA efforts
- Significant decrease in QA cost with rapid turnaround, global delivery and regression automation
- Quicker release of features and updates
- Higher functional stability