Modernization of a monolithic application delivers superior user experience and 5x improvement in productivity.
About the Company
A US-based major Financial Institution.
Legacy web portal application used by multiple financial representatives regularly provided poor user experience, lower productivity and higher turn around time to perform their duties.The organization was looking to digitally transform the application to provide intuitive, omni channel, adaptive experience to its users.
What we did
User experience optimization
Autonomous product team structure
Our UI/UX and modern application delivery team implemented the User Experience Design (UXD) approach to ensure users are provided with an intuitive and user-friendly experience while making the application deliver high-performance with zero downtime.
- Architected and designed framework-agnostic micro frontend architecture.
- Architected and designed CI\CD pipelines to deploy the micro frontend independently.
- Implemented a modern, modular UI/UX component library to reuse and provide consistent user interface across micro frontends.
- Individually deployable product capabilities to deliver rapid business value, reducing the risk and time to market.
- Created UI framework for single page application experience.
- Revamp of the user interface team structure to build and iterate by multiple small pizza teams.
- Glitch-Free end-user experience with “No Downtime” UI deployments
Result and Outcomes
With the implementation of Micro Frontend framework, a monolithic application was converted into a modern application and delivered the following outcomes and benefits.
pizza teams building & delivering vs. a single large team
deployments in a quarter vs. less than 25
increase in speed for application enhancements
increase in release confidence
- Reduced time to market
- Seamless and superior user experience
- Data-driven feature decisions
- Zero downtime
- No dependency deployments
- Increased release confidence
- Faster development with reusable libraries
- Scalable UI Framework