Rapid and reliable delivery of complex application with Microservices for a large financial services provider.
About the Company
A large US financial services firm.
Company’s core application was built on a monolith architecture over many years and the codebase had grown too large. The application was tightly coupled and with growth in business demands, it was becoming very difficult to rapidly release new features. Due to the complexity of the monolith application, the company faced longer development and deployment cycles, which significantly slowed down time to market.
Adding new capabilities was taking a long time, there were performance issues and multiple unstable environments demanded a large IT team split based on the n-tier architecture. The company was looking to move to microservices architecture for the rapid, frequent and reliable delivery of its application.
What we did
Microservice architecture design & implementation
Managed services for SDLC
Our modern application delivery experts digitally transformed the monolithic web application to reactive microservices using state-of-the-art architectural patterns to deliver iterative, incremental, predictable capabilities to multiple parallel product lines.
- Architecturally split the monolithic web application to multiple product lines using domain-driven design to iteratively develop and deploy capabilities to speed up the Time To Market and reduce the risk.
- Architected and designed a distributed framework, message queues, asynchronous patterns.
- Designed and developed loosely coupled, message\event driven, technology-agnostic microservices.
- Implemented individually deployable microservices with end-end monitoring, health checks and alerts.
- Deployed multi cloud-ready solution to easily support new business requirements in future.
- Revised the team structure with pizza teams organized around product lines for enterprise-scale distributed microservices development.
- Implemented “No Downtime” microservices CI\CD to provide ”Always Available” experience.
- Architected and designed individually CI\CD pipelines to automatically test and deploy iteratively.
- Bleeding edge performant and horizontally scalable REST\ GraphQL APIs built using best-fit technology.
CompuGain provided managed services to deliver an end-to-end solution with responsibilities across the entire SDLC. As part of managed services, we designed and developed validation strategies to parallelly test the distributed systems around multiple vectors.
Result and Outcomes
Dismantling monolith application into microservices architecture, CompuGain team delivered the following outcomes and benefits.
pizza teams delivering to independent product lines vs a single large team
message-driven, autonomous, performant microservices developed
increase in speed to release feature updates
improvements in application performance with horizontal scalability
multi cloud-ready for rapid, frequent and reliable delivery of large applications
- Rapid, frequent and reliable delivery of application features
- Faster time to market
- Closed feedback loop to rapidly iterate
- Reduced risk with automatic rollbacks
- Zero downtime
- No dependency deployments
- Increased release confidence
- Distributed, performant and horizontally scalable architecture
- Multi cloud-ready