Customer experience transformation for a digital-first world
About the Company
A leading financial regulatory institution enabling registered representatives to participate in financial markets. The company provides rules, oversight, and ensures the enforcement of laws and compliance with the trading market.
The financial regulator provided web portal was used by 40,000 + registered representatives to perform complex activities and provide data for compliance and regulatory needs. The company had 10+ teams working on disparate web applications linked together and navigated through a portal using legacy technologies. These applications are critical no-downtime applications that are integral to market functioning, compliance, and integrity.
The company was looking to create a new greenfield system to build an intuitive and smooth customer experience for the end-users resulting in monetary benefits gained from improved efficiency. It was critical to ensure a smooth customer transition to the new portal and make it easy for engineering teams to deliver web applications using the latest cloud-native technologies and establish a governance process.
Some vital requirements for the new system were:
- Provide an Omni-channel, responsive Single Page Application experience to perform daily activities.
- Create a one-stop web application that provides an end-user based customer experience.
- Transition the representatives smoothly from the existing legacy system to the new greenfield system.
- A web portal to present a native, cohesive SPA experience to end-user by composing and integrating web applications developed by various teams across the enterprise.
- Architect, design, and implement strongly decoupled front end and back-end systems for every application.
- Architect, design, and implement a mechanism for individual teams to deliver capabilities at their cadence with low risk.
- Allow applications to implement and deliver business value rather than the implementation of non-functional requirements for cross-cutting concerns.
Engineering Application Teams
What we did
AWS Lambda Architecture Design and Implementation
Micro Front-end Framework
Set up Multi-AZ disaster recovery
The financial institution had already adopted AWS cloud and had mature enterprise operations, governance, DevOps, and approval policies. AWS Serverless technologies were not being utilized extensively within the enterprise.
CompuGain collaborated with the client team and utilized enterprise policies, foundations, and frameworks. CompuGain team used best practices across the industry. It established new patterns utilizing bleeding edge technology stack across front-end, back-end systems on AWS to deliver loosely coupled highly reliable, scalable, and secure system.
CompuGain implemented the following subsystems within the solution:
- Serverless first architecture and design for building loosely coupled, highly scalable, composable web applications using AWS Lambda, DynamoDB.
- An opinionated micro front-end framework to provide a web portal that loads web applications and provides implementations for cross-cutting concerns.
- Extensive framework design and implementation to support independent, zero downtime deployments of the individual micro front end by respective teams at their cadence.
- Reusable modules for the back-end systems to implement API federation using GraphQL.
- Infrastructure as code support for AWS Lambda, Dynamo DB using automated Jenkins pipelines.
- Established a process to onboard micro front-ends to the web portal.
- Validating the web applications and web portal (SPA) using automated tests triggered by Jenkins.
- Integrated with the existing enterprise-wide AUTHN\AUTHZ mechanisms.
Result and Outcomes
The financial institution successfully implemented the greenfield development, and the program has been widely successful with 40,000+ external representatives and business users within the company.