A Fortune 100 mortgage giant saves $3 million annually with Managed Pipeline Service framework.
About the Company
A US based Fortune 100 mortgage giant.
How do you introduce agility into a highly controlled managed process? A process where product changes were managed and controlled by multiple constituents within the company, including a CCB, internal and external audits.
95% of the processes around product change management were manual, and the technology leaders were facing the classic agility problem. Business users wanted to release more functionality to end customers faster and required the agility of a FinTech but the control of a large Enterprise.
What we did
Managed Pipeline Service framework
Agile architecture design
Agile development framework
Deployment process automation
Our discovery led to the following assessment. The organization required the following:
- Enterprise scalable, modular, adaptable, extendable, reliable and highly available DevSecOps pipeline by leveraging Industry best practices for Continuous Delivery Adoption.
- Successfully Deliver, onboard and manage a “Managed Pipeline Service” (MPS) for Continuous Delivery of Applications.
- Adopting automation in deployment was a clear need, but the tracking from the CCB through environment signoffs was also a key requirement. These processes needed to be digitized and tracked to ensure these sign-offs could be evidenced to satisfy partners in the audit and control groups.
- Create a framework for control automation – CI Controls categorization, consolidation & automation.
- Architect enterprise reusable library.
Our team of professional DevOps Practice leads, Cloud Practitioners, Solution Architects, and Engineers designed and delivered the following:
- Created a high-level design for pluggable, dynamic, observable, reusable and modular CI/CD pipeline managed service.
- Designed and implemented a modular design along with enterprise-wide and templatized pipeline library to provide a robust framework.
- Implemented CI control automation for existing controls required by enterprise applications.
- Deployed Cloud and Cloud-Native, Hybrid and On-premise applications to multiple deployment targets using the pipeline service.
- Built Application Onboarding and Operations Model.
- Built a self-service mechanism to onboard teams within the enterprise.
Result and Outcomes
With the implementation of a managed pipeline service framework, the company saw the following outcomes and benefits.
process automation – complete elimination of manual processes
reduction in build time
- Increase in revenue and customer base
- Faster delivery of features
- Increased collaboration between teams and productivity
- Higher employee engagement
- Continuous software delivery
- Build time reduced from 4 hours to 17 minutes
- Increased frequency of deployments
- Code quality and performance improvements