90% reduction in production deployment of financial application for a leading mortgage firm.
About the Company
A leading Fortune 100 mortgage firm.
The financial application was developed and deployed by a large internal team using a big bang process. The current processes lacked clear visibility into features teams are working on, and it was difficult to track the progress. The current waterfall process and lack of unified data made it difficult to decide product development priorities.
The system was fragile and releases required heavy debugging and longer time to fix issues. Inefficiencies in the process resulted in missed deadlines and caused significant delays in the delivery of new features critical to the business. The total cost of ownership was rising, and the entire process along with team structure required an overhaul.
What we did
Assessment, strategy, & roadmap
Modern agile implementation
Continuous delivery transformation
CompuGain’s agile transformation team conducted a 360-degree analysis of current processes and created an Agile Delivery playbook to digitally transform the planning-operating-delivery model along with a mindset shift for the team to provide frictionless delivery experience to internal business clients.
The agile delivery process was put into place to ensure better planning, predictability, lower risk, higher ROI, increased confidence and faster delivery of application upgrades.
- Decompose the massive backlog to logical program increments.
- Use of data-driven insights for feature prioritization, dependency management and application improvements.
- Plan and execution of MVP (Minimum Viable Product).
- Ensure successful agile ceremonies with right size sprints.
- Create and release end-user ready features while building the product.
- Iterate frequently – Provide regular demos to stakeholders to quickly get feedback and incorporate into builds.
- Ensure integrated and automated tests are included in CI\CD pipelines.
- Creation of dashboards providing real-time metrics on the project status and delivery.
- Create right-sized, distributed, highly efficient product teams.
- Organize teams around product lines instead of a single large team building monolithic application.
- Ramp-up full-time workforce on multiple vectors – Technology stack, process and delivery.
Result and Outcomes
With the implementation of an agile delivery framework along with Full-stack engineering and CI\CD pipelines to automate testing and deployment, the company saw the following outcomes and benefits.
reduction in team size
increase in sprint demos for user feedback
increase in new features delivery for the business
reduction in production issues impacting users
reduction in production deployment and debug time (from 5+ days to 3 hours)
- Enhanced ROI with smaller and right-sized teams
- Reduced total cost of ownership
- Reduced Time to Market
- Improved predictability
- Early feedback loop and course corrections